ZQuiet Anti-Snore Device – Does It Work?
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. The owner may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. This comes at no additional cost to you and does not affect the recommendations made by the author.
Snoring affects more than your sleep – it can have long-lasting effects on your health as well as your relationships. But you don’t need me telling you this – the very fact that you are here indicates you already
know it and realize the need for some quick action.
So, let’s take a look at one of the anti-snoring mouthpiece devices that is proving to be quite popular – ZQuiet.
What is ZQuiet?
ZQuiet is an anti-snoring device that has been designed by Dr. Avery Lieberman, DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery), who is one of the leading Dental Sleep Specialists in the USA, with over 20 years of experience in this field.
Made of a soft elastomer (feels like rubber) that is free from BPA and latex, ZQuiet complies with the FDA’s stringent guidelines for consumer safety; in fact, ZQuiet is one of the few dental devices available on the Internet that is regulated by the FDA for use to treat snoring.
How ZQuiet Works
People snore due to a variety of reasons – allergic conditions can cause congestion of the nasal passage and being exposed to smoke and other pollutants can irritate and inflame the respiratory tract. In such cases, doctors generally prescribe nasal sprays or strips to do away with the congestion.
However, quite a few people snore because the soft tissues of the palate vibrate and fall back, blocking the airways. In such persons, it is important to prevent this from happening and this is where anti-snoring devices play a vital role.
These devices fit into the mouth in such a way that they ensure the tissues do not block the airspace. In turn, this ensures there is no resistance to the flow of air in and out of the airways. ZQuiet works on this principle to alleviate snoring in your sleep.
You place the device in your mouth, and go to sleep. The Zquiet gently holds your jaw forward, keeping your airways open in your throat. This is the way most anti-snoring mouthpieces work … however, ZQuiet is a little different. How?
What’s Different About ZQuiet?
For several years now, dentists have been using such oral appliances to help patients with their snoring when asleep, so it’s not something that is really new. However, there are a few features that make ZQuiet different from others on the market.
- “Living Hinge Technology” – this is a mechanism that allows your jaws to move naturally during sleep, even as you breathe in comfortably through either your nose or mouth. The manufacturers say that people can even talk or take a drink of water with the device in place.
- It’s more comfortable The device is made of a type of soft rubber, making it highly comfortable for daily use. For many people, this sort of comfort means they are less likely to wake up with pain in the jaw or the face; in the long run, there is more of a chance of using this anti-snoring device on a regular basis.
- Ease of use – you do not need a time-consuming – and probably quite expensive – visit to the dentist. No lengthy sittings to determine the perfect fit, no complicated setting-up process; just unwrap the package and place the device in your mouth before going to bed and you are done. The device comes with an instruction manual that explains how it is to be used.
- Regulated by the FDA – ZQuiet has been designated as a class II medical device by the FDA. Considering how stringently the FDA evaluates products, you can be sure that it is truly safe for use. Not many mouthpieces have this distinction.
What People are Saying About ZQuiet
Considering that there is so much buzz around ZQuiet, I decided to find out what people who have actually used it have to say. A striking testimonial is that of Alan M. of Cottonwood, AZ, who says his snoring of more than 30 years was greatly reduced the night he first used ZQuiet. Although he admits it took him some time to get used to the mouthpiece, Alan appears happy with the way it worked to help him and his partner get sound sleep.
On his blog, Steve Jenkins provides a truthful account of his experiences with this device; although he was initially wary of it, he wholeheartedly asserts that it actually works. So happy are they with the effectiveness of ZQuiet that Steve and his wife have starred in an infomercial made for TV, sharing their positive experiences with this device.
Of course, results may vary, and this device is used to treat simple snoring.
Things to Watch Out For
One thing that is clear from the way people describe their experiences with ZQuiet is that takes a few weeks to feel truly comfortable with using the device. This is probably quite understandable considering that your mouth and jaw have to adapt to the presence of a new object – a phenomenon that is similar to how the eyes need time to adjust when a person begins wearing contact lenses.
The fact that the device causes your jaws to move forward to prevent snoring means there will be some initial discomfort that lasts for a few days until your jaw muscles get used to the new positions.
Another point to remember – although ZQuiet is suitable for almost everyone who snores because of tissues blocking the airway, it cannot be used by those who wear full dentures.
How the 2-Step, 30-Day Trial Works
If you decide to try the ZQuiet with the link below, you will be given a special 30-day trial to assess how it works. You will receive TWO ZQuiet mouthpieces – both of slightly different sizes so one will fit your jaw. You will also receive two booklets on how to sleep better. You will pay a non-refundable $9.95 for shipping and handling.
If you decide that the ZQuiet isn’t for you (either because you still snore or because you just aren’t satisfied for any reason), you can return it. You have to follow these steps:
1. Call the ZQuiet customer service number at 1-800-281-0543, between 8AM and 5PM PST, Monday to Friday
2. You will be given a special RMA number – you must call within 30 days
3. Ship the product back before the 45th day, with the RMA number (you need to pay return shipping.)
What I Think of ZQuiet
From a careful analysis of the features of ZQuiet and the testimonials of people who have actually used it, I definitely think it is a product worth trying. With it being a class II medical device by the FDA and the 30-day trial period offer, this is probably one of the devices you ought to try to quiet your snoring and improve the quality of your life.